Monday, April 6, 2009

The Qutb Minar




The famous Qutb Minar in Delhi.






Though I have visited this place many many times, each time I visit, I am struck by the beauty of this majestic structure.















I have at least hundreds of photos of this structures from various angles, but I chose to put only a few here and it would be boring for the viewers. So great and historic a structure, there are better and better photographs by experts and veterans of photography on this.



















There were so many children, elders who were roaming around the site and this little girl hanging on her parents' hands caught my attention who was curiously looking at me. I liked the expression on her face very much and I thought I would share it with you also.


1 comment:

  1. boss..

    have you figured out the concept of this minaret?

    when all minarets surrounded a building in traditional islamic or mughal architecture, why is this a lone one? what was it built for??

    I remember the dev anand scene - dil ka bhawar kare ...

    ReplyDelete

A July afternoon..

 It is the month of July. The year is 2023. It just turned 12 noon a few minutes ago. After a spell of summer rains, the weather is a bit co...